How to get involved in the Take Action on Radon National Campaign
As a radon stakeholder, there are many resources that you may use to educate Canadians about radon. Please click on relevant stakeholder group for resources:
Take Action on Radon stakeholders can choose from 3 levels of campaign participation:
Level 1: TAOR Communicators
- Receive information about national Radon Action Month and the Radon Outreach Campaign so that you can be informed and able to answer questions from your constituents/members; and/or,
- Provide your group’s radon marketing materials, tools, images, etc. to the outreach committee for use by Canadians.
Level 2: TAOR Promoters
- Proactively distribute information about national Radon Action Month and the Collaborative National Annual Radon Outreach Campaign with your constituents; and, encourage your members, constituents to deliver an awareness campaign.
- For contractors and builders: encourage staff to take the accredited course to become a certified radon mitigator.
- For real estate agents and associations: encourage radon testing as a condition of sale or purchase agreements.
- For health professionals: advise your patients and other health professionals; about the health risk of radon and how to test their homes; and put posters up in your office.
Level 3: TAOR Champions
- Participate on the Stakeholder Outreach Committee by attending teleconference calls and providing advice. i.e. how to best tailor our toolkits/resources to the needs of your particular audience.
- Delivering an awareness campaign within your community/ membership, e.g. issuing press releases, holding press events, placing messaging for public viewing, distributing informational door hangers/materials to homes, giving discounts on radon detectors, placing articles in your newsletters about radon.
If you would like to join our campaign, please contact us!